PREDICT-ITS Phase 2
Technical Cooperation Project for Research and Education Development on Information and Communication Technology in Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember
PREDICT-ITS Phase2* is a JICA technical cooperation project implemented by ITS for 3 years (2012.1-2014.12),
aiming at the following:
* ITS implemented PREDICT-ITS (2006.4-2010.3) under the support of JICA and showed successful results in terms of introducing LBE, upgrading research capabilities, and establishing collaboration with universities and industries in the eastern part of Indonesia (EPI).
Major activities and principles
(1) 21 research teams consisting of researchers of ITS, master’s students, and lecturer(s) of EPI universities** conduct JICA Joint Research with Japanese partners.
Batch 1: July 2012-June 2013
Batch 2: January 2013-December 2014
Batch 3: July 2013-June 2014
(2) Each research team (lab) integrates research, education (LBE), and collaborative work while conducting JICA Joint Research. ITS provides researchers with incentives to continue these activities in a self-sustainable manner.
(3) Researches in the ICT-related engineering fields cover a wide range of ICT applications that contribute to societies in EPI (ICT-for-ALL policy).
(4) Lecturers of EPI universities who obtains a master’s degree at ITS continue collaborative academic activities with ITS researchers for long.
(5) Each research team applies for a patent on the invention made through JICA Joint Research and try to utilize the intellectual property rights for research and education in the future.
JICA PREDICT2 Project Team Office
Pusat Robotika, Lt.1, ITS Campus Sukolilo, Surabaya 60111
Fax: +62-31-598-2747 firstname.lastname@example.org